Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Vertigo and all that is busy...oh I mean DIZZY!


So for those of you who don't know I have been suffering from benign Vertigo this week. I woke up Friday and my world was literally spinning. In the past I have been known to laugh at this very illness because it seems so totally LAME!!! I'm here to say very LOUDLY (can you hear me now?) that vertigo is a REAL illness, not just some made up excuse.
Over the past few days, there have been many people ask what causes vertigo. I can't honestly say I know the real cause, but I'm gonna guess at a few of them.
Here goes: stress (caused by the fact that the neighbor kid fell off the tramp last week and broke his arm), stress (caused by the fact that no matter what I do, someone isn't happy), stress (caused by helping plan and orchestrate a frozen meal trade...WOW is all I'm gonna say), stress (caused by stress), stress (caused by nothing besides my own brain and the workings therein), stress (caused by summers with all the kids home all day).
Is that enough of a reason for vertigo??? Not sure, but it sure worked in my case.

The best part of the whole things was when Allee was tired on Monday and she came to me and said "Mom, my head is busy!" She cracks me up. I think a few people might remember about 6 months ago, Allee was spinning in the living room here at home, she stopped for a minute and while laughing she said "I'm gettin BUSY!" Apparently busy really means dizzy. It was seriously hilarious. Probably had to be there, but Monday was a sweet little reminder of that incident.

4 comments:

Sally Young said...

I totaly thank you for the "Meals" I have used one every night this week so far. You are great and thanks so much!!!!!! I hope I did not cause you any stress. Love the "BUSY" that is so cute. I hope you are feeling better.

Melinda said...

I feel really bad Laina, I'm sorry for all the stress, such is life with little kids! Allee is freaking adorable--BUSY! haha!

Shane & Laina said...

OK, so I'm feeling bad. My little vertigo venting session was supposed to be funny...not make everyone feel sorry for me. OOPS! All is well, you know how life is.

Carol said...

I havn't ever expierienced vertigo myself but I have seen my mom suffer from it and it pretty much knocks her out. Yuck! Stress is no fun and believe me with my 4 kids and now working my stress has sky rocketed but at least I have had the summer off to recoupe a little but I don't wish vertigo on anyone. I love the words kids come up with. "busy" Is too cute!