Saturday, April 4, 2009

Party Recipe


So today was the big party. It was so fun! Thanks to all you brave souls who came, hope you had fun. The picture is what I decided to get...so cute!
I had some requests for the cookie bar recipe, I made copies and forgot to give them out...so here it is (sorry Monica and Lisa, thanks so much for coming. It was great to see you and visit.)

Pan Sugar Cookies
Cream together:
1 1/2 cups sugar
8 oz. cream cheese
1 tsp. almond extract
1 cup butter
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla

Sift together and add:
1/2 tsp soda
1 tsp baking powder
2 1/2 cups flour

Spread into a greased cookie sheet and bake at 375 for 20 min. Cool completely before frosting.

Frosting:
1/2 cup butter
4 oz. cream cheese
3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
2 tsp vanilla
splash of milk
food coloring

7 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh yea! We were laughin when we realized that you never got the recipe out of the copier! I am so glad that we came up, it was so fun to hang out and get to visit with you. I am still wondering if it was all worth it when I got home and saw my house!!! Oh well, I needed a break, and it was fun:)

{Mo} said...

Yea! I can't wait to make this....they were so yummy! Thanks for letting us crashe your party and hang out for a bit, it was fun to visit with you! Next time you come down give us a call and we can get Sheri and the girls to join us for a drink run! Thanks again, Monica
By the way, you picked way cute stuff! I LOVE the black flats and the colorful necklace, oh and the cream and black shoes are so spunky!

Marie Lefler said...

Thanks Laina for hosting the party for me. I had a great time. It was so crazy, but fun! Happy you were able to get a lot of cute stuff as well. See you on Saturday!

Sally Young said...

I had so much going on I was not able to come. Sorry!

Kerrilyn said...

I love the shoes you got Laina!! I am sorry I wasn't able to get there. I had the yw over for the morning session of conference and by the time I got cleaned up and ready, it was too late.
I am bummed now.

MakingChanges said...

Hey, I still want the recipe for the wraps that you made. I think I personally ate about half of the platter!

Melinda said...

It was too fun! Thanks for letting my kids crash! Love the stuff you got! I was seriously looking at those black and white shoes! haha