Saturday, November 22, 2008

Piano Recital 101

So last night was Austin's first EVER piano recital. He did such a great job and was very excited. For me, it was a trip down memory lane...Mr. Giles was my piano teacher in Fillmore. He was great! It seems our recital was usually in the church (because in Fillmore, that's where the have everything). Anyway, I remember being super nervous and having to dress up and sit there for a LONG time. Needless to say, I was one one nervous last night. I wasn't sure how the whole Fam would do just sitting there trying to be quiet. His teacher is great, there were 3 different groups, so we only had to sit there for about 20 minute...AWESOME!!! The only hiccup was that Morgan had to go to the bathroom, so Shane missed the first song Austin played.
I missed the beginning of his introduction. All he said was that his name is Austin Lefler and he will be performing "Halloween Fun" and "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer" Like I said before...Austin was great and I am so proud of him for having so much confidence!
Hope you enjoy the video.

4 comments:

Combs - A day in the Life of... said...

That was so great. Loved watching. Thanks for sharing. Austin Great job.

Bart said...

That was amazing!!! We are so proud of Austin. That makes me so happy. What a big boy! We sure love you!
Bart, Lisa, Olivia and Jeremiah

Marie Lefler said...

Wow he did really good! I loved it on the Rudolph one, he would speed up when he new the notes. He's getting so grown up!

Melinda said...

I love the little smirk at the end when he's bowing! SO CUTE!! GOOD JOB AUSTIN! :)