Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Face your Fears Friday
























Our trip to Mexico was so fun. We had a few hiccups along the way, like our water heater went out as we were leaving. It was leaking carbon monoxide into the air so the gas was shut off to it and my mom took the kids to Fillmore with her for the week...Thanks MOM!!!
Once we got there, it was amazing! The picture I posted a while back about where we were staying was right on. That's exactly what is was like. We had a private beach right by our room. The only complaint I have is the humidity there...WEW!

Well, "Face your Fears Friday" is what we called our tour we took on Friday. We were to climb Coba which is the tallest ruin in Mexico. It was TALL, especially with the wind blowing. It wasn't as bad climbing up as it was climbing down. After we got passed that, we went to spend the day in an existing Mayan village. We went kayaking in snake infested waters...no kidding (poisonous snakes). Then we hiked through the jungle. We went swimming in an underground cave pool...it was amazing! Then we repelled and rode a zip-line. So scary, but SO Fun!!! To top it all of, we ate lunch with the natives. I was a little nervous about that, but it was safe and very tasty. I faced my fears!!!

Shane and I didn't get to hang out to much because he had to work, but we did go to a place called Xcaret, which is like the Polonesian Cultural Center. That was very fun too. We got to snorkel and see lots of exotic animals, and again...tasty food.

We are happy to be home, but we did have a great time!!!



2 comments:

Marie Lefler said...

Sooooooooooooooo jealous! Your "face your fears Friday" is my kind of trip. Good work Laina! Do you feel like a new woman?

While you were in Mexico, we were here in boring Clearfield just plugging away with life. Maybe next year Jason and I will be able to go on a cruise or something. Now that would be awesome, and always needed.

Glad you had a good time, and also that the leak happened before you left. The Lord is sure looking out for you family!

Kerrilyn said...

I am glad you had so much fun and made it back safe and sound. I hope you got the water heater all figured out. That would have been very scary if you wouldn't have noticed.
Good job at facing your fears. I love the repelling picture. YOU GO GIRL!