Monday, March 9, 2009

California Fun!













So we are back from our first family trip to Disneyland. We had such a great time. We kept it a secret from the kids and sort of did a treasure/scavenger hunt to get them there. It started last Sunday when we came home from church and there was a clue for the kids telling them we were going on an adventure. The car was packed and we were ready to go, all they had to do was change their clothes. So the first clue led to my sister's house in Fillmore for a potty break. When we got there, the kids thought that was our destination so they took their blankets and pillows inside. After about 20 minutes we gave them another clue which led us to St. George. (It was beautiful there...I so want to move back.) Anyway, we checked into the hotel and the kids wanted to swim, but we knew there would be plenty of swim time in California, so we put them off saying we would swim the next day. Well Monday morning came and after breakfast we gave them the last clue. Austin was so excited to be going to Disneyland, but Morgan burst into tears. He was so sad that we wouldn't be swimming. We tried to console him by saying that we would swim in California, but he was MAD!!! Allee was just happy to be there.

We spent 3 days in the Disneyland parks, had a character breakfast, saw the beach and went swimming. It was a BLAST!!! We can't wait to go back again!

7 comments:

Melinda said...

Oh how awesome! I didn't know you guys went to Disneyland! I bet they had a blast, its something we want to do too!

Lisa said...

I am so jealous! Your kids look so dang cute!!! Dang, everyone has been going to Disneyland lately, I guess I should get on the bandwagon and head on down :) I love how you didn't tell them and did a scavenger hunt.

Kerrilyn said...

How fun! I love all of Alee's facial expressions. She did look like she was having fun.
It's fun to surprise the kids like that. We have done that twice but didn't give them clues. They just had to watch the landmarks and guess..of course they were'big' at the time, but they still had a hard time figuring it out.
I love Disneyland!!

Marie Lefler said...

That looks like so much fun! And to do clues with them, that was just smart. It also helps so they don't always say, "are we there yet, are we there yet, are we there yet?"

Good work. So you going to take us next time?

Bret Bushman Family said...

What great pictures of your trip, and how fun that you surprised your kids.

MakingChanges said...

I love all of the pictures! I think Mater is my fav, though. Love the Mater! Thanks for sharing the adventure with us!

Hey the WV is siste- It's feeling our connection. Can you tell?

{Mo} said...

How fun! I've really been wanting to take my kids, I know they'd love it!
If you really want to get rid of stamp stuff, I'm your girl! Let me know what you have and how much you want for it and I'll see what I can't live with out! You can just email me @ deardenfamily@frontiernet.net