8 Things I passionate about
1. My husband
2. My kids of course
3. My testimony
4. My preschool
6. Being on time!
7. Trying to be organized
8. Spending time with family
8 past books I have read
1. Running with Angels - Pamela Hansen
2. Eclipse - Stephenie Meyer
3. Eve's Daughters - Lynn Austin
4. Hidden Places - Lynn Austin
5. Counting Stars - ?
6. A land to call home - Lauraine Snelling
7. Preach my gospel
8. Book of Mormon
8 things I say often
1. Are you kidding?
2. Oh no!
4. How sad (mostly a parenting technique, and most times it blows up in my face)
6. Don't do that
7. No (I really wish I didn't say it quite as much, but it just comes out!)
8. What the!
8 things I look for in a friend
1. Good listener
5. Patient (I'm kind of a forgetful)
6. Someone who wants me as a friend too
7. Someone who makes me want to be better
8. Someone who is spontaneous
8 Random things about me
1. I'm a small town girl, would love to raise my kids in a small town (no American Fork isn't a small town)
2. I love to drink wild cherry pepsi
3. My favorite thing to do with my kids is go on picnics
4. I'm VERY afraid of spiders and snakes
5. I LOVE to cook, just wish I had a bigger kitchen!
6. I REALLY don't like taking medicine or vitamins
7. I have a really hard time making choices (like which place to eat, what to order, where to go on vacation, etc.)
8. I love movies
8 Things I want to do before I die
1. Go on a mission
2. Buy a house
3. Be a grandma
4. Be debt free
5. Go back to Hawaii
6. Get organized
7. Learn how to be a better wife and mom
8. Go to sleep at night and feel TOTALLY at peace, no worries to keep me up at night (is that possible?)
8 things I have learned this year
1. Not to judge...that's a big one
2. My kids are very different from each other, I have to remember that.
3. Living on a big lot, is a lot of HARD work
4. I need to be more patient with my kids
5. There's a lot to learn about this world and our language, that I took for granted. After helping my kids try to figure things out, I've learned that we really do and say some things that just don't make sense!
6. My husband is VERY amazing and patient
7. I love kids...they crack me up
8. I really do love life, my family and the gospel!
8 people I want to do the 8 things
4. Monica D
5. Lisa T.
7. Monica C.
Monday, April 28, 2008
8 Things I passionate about
Posted by Shane & Laina at 7:54 PM
Saturday, April 19, 2008
Well, this week was spring break for me and my kids...that means no school. We decided to head to Fillmore. We had a great time. We left on Tuesday and spent the day with my sister Colette. That was awesome to have some time with her since it doesn't happen too often. Then Tuesday I took the kids swimming and that was fun except that I forgot a diaper for Allee for after, and Morgan and Austin helped pack the bag and Morgan forgot to include his underwear and pants...those are essential!!! So it was an adventure for sure. We spent the next two days just hangin' with the fam. We went to my mom and dad's ward party and saw a lot of the old 4th warders, yeah! We also got to meet my new little nephew Tyler Jeff Christensen, he's so cute. Earlier in the day I had been very stressed out with my three kids, but holding that sweet little baby made be just a tiny bit baby hungry and that hasn't happened in a long time.
We got home yesterday and got situated in time to get some dinner and go to bed. Then this morning Shane worked so hard cutting down a yucky tree in our back yard. He and his dad finally got it down, but now they have to cut the tree apart. I was thinking it would take a couple hours...not a couple days (sorry Shane). Anyway, the cool part was that my mother-in-law came too and she helped me (actually she did most of the work) fix my flower bed outside my kitchen window and we planted some seeds. I'm so excited to have something growing there besides weeds. Thanks Sue!
Here's to another busy Saturday come and gone so soon!
Posted by Shane & Laina at 8:21 PM
Tuesday, April 8, 2008
Posted by Shane & Laina at 9:35 AM
Saturday, April 5, 2008
So I thought I had gotten by without getting in on the "Tag you're it" thing, but I was tagged so here goes. I will now share 7 things about myself that are not too well known.
- I took a hit for my High School football team. That's right, I took stats for football my senior year and my jobs was to right down what person got the tackle. I was watching a play and trying to see who was going to get the tackle...they got a little too close and I was a little too slow. Needless to say, I was part of the tackle and I have a scar on my foot to show it. Go Laina, go Laina, go go go Laina!!!
- I had my third child without an epidural, my sister-in-law and I took a hypnobirthing class and I went for it. The whole story is WAY to long to share, but I have given birth naturally!!!! What a rush.
- When I was dating my husband, I came to visit him for a weekend in Salt Lake and on the way, I caused a huge traffic accident and it basically shut down the freeway for a few hours...I was shaking in my boots after that one. SO scary. Thankfully that was a long time ago and I'm a much better driver now.
- I can't watch movies at night...I always fall asleep. My husband can attest to this as can anyone who ever had me sleep over at their house growing up. I was always the first one asleep and I was always afraid of what would happen to me (you know all the silly things we did the the kid who was asleep like tickling their nose after you put shaving cream on their hand). That was always me. I guess that's what I get for always going to bed early.
- I HATE seafood!!! Need I say more?
- I love to play games, but I really stink at them. I think people ask us to play with them so that they can be guaranteed to win. I am NOT a strategist.
- My joy in life is having the 3 craziest, cutest, naughties, adorable children in the world!
Posted by Shane & Laina at 6:33 PM