Saturday, April 19, 2008

Spring Break!

Well, this week was spring break for me and my kids...that means no school. We decided to head to Fillmore. We had a great time. We left on Tuesday and spent the day with my sister Colette. That was awesome to have some time with her since it doesn't happen too often. Then Tuesday I took the kids swimming and that was fun except that I forgot a diaper for Allee for after, and Morgan and Austin helped pack the bag and Morgan forgot to include his underwear and pants...those are essential!!! So it was an adventure for sure. We spent the next two days just hangin' with the fam. We went to my mom and dad's ward party and saw a lot of the old 4th warders, yeah! We also got to meet my new little nephew Tyler Jeff Christensen, he's so cute. Earlier in the day I had been very stressed out with my three kids, but holding that sweet little baby made be just a tiny bit baby hungry and that hasn't happened in a long time.

We got home yesterday and got situated in time to get some dinner and go to bed. Then this morning Shane worked so hard cutting down a yucky tree in our back yard. He and his dad finally got it down, but now they have to cut the tree apart. I was thinking it would take a couple hours...not a couple days (sorry Shane). Anyway, the cool part was that my mother-in-law came too and she helped me (actually she did most of the work) fix my flower bed outside my kitchen window and we planted some seeds. I'm so excited to have something growing there besides weeds. Thanks Sue!
Here's to another busy Saturday come and gone so soon!

5 comments:

MakingChanges said...

Wow! At least you were able to enjoy your Spring Break. Can't wait to see your flower bed!

Zachary, Christen, and Chloe said...

I would think it WOULD be harder to get baby hungry with three kids! I love it that you forgot so much stuff for after swimming. With three to look after, no-one could blame you.
I have a hard enough time getting out of the house every day with my one little cherub!
Your family is cute!!

Kerrilyn said...

He forgot to pack his pants and underwear?? That is hilarious!!!! Nothing like the unexpected!! I hope it all worked out. I am glad you had fun and glad you got the tree down. Don't ya just love yard work?? Actually, I really do.

{Mo} said...

Laina,
Lisa and I drove past your mom's last week and saw your van. We wondered how you could get away in the middle of the week, with pre-school and everything. I'm jealous of the flowers. I have SO much to do in my yard, I don't even know where to start! At least we have grass this year.

Marcae said...

How fun to be able to spend some time in Fillmore. I am cracking up about the swimming experience....how funny.
Hope you have a great day!