This past week a friend of mine lost her little girl. When she was born, she had some complications. So she has been in and out of the hospital all of her life, (she would have been two in July). I attended the funeral on Saturday and I just have to say, my heart was breaking for my friend and her husband, but at the same time, I learned so much. The talks were about eternal life and eternal families and at the end of one of the talks a question was asked straight out. The gist of it was this..."so what do we do with the knowledge we have of eternal families and eternal life? It comes down to this DO you truly believe in eternal life, and in the plan of salvation?" I swear he was asking me, it was as if I was the only person there. I've heard the talks all my life about eternal life and I've read the scriptures, but this was an experience like no other. The spirit was so strong and I am so glad that I know we can be together as families for eternity. What a blessing the gospel is! And what a blessing it has been for me to follow my friends' blog and be inspired by her strength and testimony. It makes me want to be more patient and positive in my own life. Thanks Marcae!!!
Monday, March 31, 2008
Friday, March 21, 2008
So, I have decided to mention the things I am thankful for. I'm thinking that I must complain a lot because my kids will look at me sometimes and say, "what's wrong?" that must be a sign right? Anyway, I am turning over a new leaf so to speak and I am going to try and stay more positive.
- Today I am thankful for a house to live in. I complain A LOT to my husband, but we really do have a great place to live.
- I am also thankful for my kids...they are so funny sometimes. Allee will say things like "we are not going in the car, right mommy." Like she's trying to talk me out of it. Morgan is my cuddle bug as always. Austin, well what can I say, I think he is the smartest 6 year old alive!!! He's always just a few steps ahead of me.
- I am so thankful that I have running hot water. Some of you might not know that right as we were leaving for Mexico, our hot water heater went out (that's right, in the middle of the night). Anyway, when we came home, it still took a couple days before we got the new one installed. It is NO fun boiling water to do the dishes and everything else you use hot water for. I am so thankful to have it working again!!!
- I'm thankful for my husband who loves me!!! I can't tell you the many amazing things he does to help me, there are too many. He's AMAZING!
- I'm thankful I have a sister who lives close to me, she is awesome!!! Love you Jody!
Posted by Shane & Laina at 8:13 AM
Tuesday, March 11, 2008
Our trip to Mexico was so fun. We had a few hiccups along the way, like our water heater went out as we were leaving. It was leaking carbon monoxide into the air so the gas was shut off to it and my mom took the kids to Fillmore with her for the week...Thanks MOM!!!
Once we got there, it was amazing! The picture I posted a while back about where we were staying was right on. That's exactly what is was like. We had a private beach right by our room. The only complaint I have is the humidity there...WEW!
Well, "Face your Fears Friday" is what we called our tour we took on Friday. We were to climb Coba which is the tallest ruin in Mexico. It was TALL, especially with the wind blowing. It wasn't as bad climbing up as it was climbing down. After we got passed that, we went to spend the day in an existing Mayan village. We went kayaking in snake infested waters...no kidding (poisonous snakes). Then we hiked through the jungle. We went swimming in an underground cave pool...it was amazing! Then we repelled and rode a zip-line. So scary, but SO Fun!!! To top it all of, we ate lunch with the natives. I was a little nervous about that, but it was safe and very tasty. I faced my fears!!!
Shane and I didn't get to hang out to much because he had to work, but we did go to a place called Xcaret, which is like the Polonesian Cultural Center. That was very fun too. We got to snorkel and see lots of exotic animals, and again...tasty food.
We are happy to be home, but we did have a great time!!!
Posted by Shane & Laina at 7:58 PM