Thursday, July 31, 2008

The Best Big Brother!

"My sister is a nuisance, my sister is a pain.
If it was up to me I'd leaver her outside in the rain.
But don't you tease my sister or be mean to her at all,
'Cause I'll stick up for this little girl 'cause she thinks I'm ten feet tall."

This is how my brother probably felt about me when we were younger...although I do still think he's ten feet tall.
I just wanted to say a few things about my big brother Morgan. He has been on my mind a lot lately. Tomorrow he is donating a kidney for our cousin who has been sick fro quite a while now.

Morgan has always felt an "obligation" to teach me the essentials in life and to help me understand the things that are truly important, like riding a horse (something very important to him), making mud pies in the ditch, making awesome home movies ha ha ha, telling me about the birds and the bees...is that REALLY a brothers job?, riding 4-wheelers, making tree houses and zip lines in the back yard, stacking wood (which we always did wrong), and so many other things I can't even remember them all.

Anyway, I love my big brother so much!!! He has always made me feel so important and loved. I wish him the best tomorrow and I admire him so much for being such a faithful and courageous person...Morgan you're amazing!

Oh, and by the way, if you haven't caught on yet. My brother's name is Morgan and I also have a son named Morgan...what better namesake than my big brother!

6 comments:

Jody said...

Laina,
It's so amazing, I feel the same way, but I'm so lucky cause although I don't have any BIG brothers or sisters, I have 5 younger siblings who are such a great help and example to me, despite the fact I was your BIG sister and probably not the best example. I love all you guys so much and am so proud of Morgan for his love, compassion and the sacrifice he is making for Daniel and his family and also Amber for her support.
Jody

{Mo} said...

You really do have a really great big brother. I know a lot of other people that have looked up to him too....he is just an all around great guy, as are the rest of your siblings!

Combs - A day in the Life of... said...

That was a great! He sounds amazing. We will have him in our prayers.

Kerrilyn said...

Cool post Laina!

Lisa said...

I agree 100% ! I am so glad that everything has gone well for them up to this point. What an awesome family you come from!!!

MakingChanges said...

Great sentiments about your brother. He has to be an amazing guy- you both are related. I loved the list of things he taught you all about- the birds and bees??? Really? Wow- that is actually a little impressive, even more so if he did a good job at telling you. I am so glad he is doing well. We will definitely keep Morgan and Daniel in our prayers.